Better than humans

Because I spent 4-5 weeks resting after my surgery I saw a loooooot of series and I'd like to recommend two of them: The Alienist but I don't want to talk about it because I don't want to spoil it, just watch it trust me. And the one I will talk about: Better than us (or better than humans). It's a Russian series that takes place in 2029 and it's about Arisa, a special kind of android that doesn't have a good relationship with the 3 laws of robotic of Asimov: basically not killing or injuring humans. Androids are in charge of many jobs, they can be companions, babysitters, some even can perform surgeries,  and there's 2 opinions about them. Some people seem to like them and they accept them and carry on their lifes using them as allies, and there's a group of people that despise them and would do anything to stop the androids from taking over their jobs (liquidators). The main android Arisa, was designed to be a wife, a mother and a protector. She manages to escape from CRONOS (the company that bought her) and starts functioning on her own without human orders, then she ends up adopting a family. The father of this family is Georgy Safronov, he had two kids with Alla but they are divorced so Arisa doesn't include her in the family. The plot evolves around the adoption Arisa makes, the hidden life Egor (Georgy's son) is living after struggling with his parents divorce and not knowing what to do with his life, and finally Viktor, the owner of CRONOS who will do anything to bring Arisa back to the company.
What I liked about the series, besides from the fact that it is futuristic because I like sci fi a lot, was Arisa and how she outsmarted everyone during the whole series and I don't know how but kind of felt emotions for her (happy or sad depending on the situation) and knowing she's an android makes me feel weird because they don't have feelings right? or do they? She develops her "emotions" during the series and it's like watching a kid growing up but way faster. Also they way it revolves around Georgy and his life, how he ended up working in a morgue after being a full time recognized surgeon, why and how Viktor managed to own this big company of androids, and also the liquidators. Are they right? should we hate the androids because they will replace us all in the near future?  The characters are way more connected than it seems at first glance and all in all it was a good series to bingewatch. The actors are great and I thought they had mannequins during the first episode because they were standing still, showing no emotions and their faces were caked on makeup so they looked plastic-ish.


Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Celebration

"Vacations" and rambling.

The sun is my enemy.